Saturday, July 14, 2012

Notice and Note - So Excited

Today I was on Heinemann's site seeing if there was a book that I would be able to get in order to use up my extra credit points that I had accumulated before they phased out that program. I was thrilled to get What Readers Really Do. It had caught my attention previously, but after reading Pat Johnson's thoughts about it on the Catching Readers blog, I knew I would want to read it.

Needless to say, finding out that I had enough credit points to get the book had me excited enough. Then I was skimming the new books and was even more excited to see that Notice and Note: Strategies for Close Reading by Kylene Beers and Robert Probst is now officially on the page, providing the first glimpses into the front cover, table of contents, a Notice & Note flyer...


I first heard about the ideas behind the book when I attended the Boothbay Literacy Retreat two years ago. I loved the concept from the start and their thoughts about what to notice while reading have changed the way that I read and have influenced mini-lessons that I have taught to middle schoolers. By looking over the flyer, it seems like Beers and Probst have continued to refine and craft the book. I noticed the subtitle is a clear link to the buzz about close reading with the common core. I look forward to see how it all came together.

I am going to go ahead and pre-order the book now (estimated publication of November 15, 2012). I will also be attending my first NCTE annual convention later in the month, so there's some fun treats in store for November!

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll be putting in a pre-order too. Looks like a great one!

    ReplyDelete